The show is currently running through May 26, but keeps extending its stay due to popular demand. If you happen to be in NY, RUN to see this show. You’ll be haunted by it.
- Get there early. If possible, book a 7:00pm entry to the show. That gives you so much more time to explore. And don’t waste time getting a drink at the bar until after the show. You won’t be able to bring it in once your number is called.
- Wear comfortable shoes. OK, so before I saw the show, EVERY blog I read said the same cultish thing. But honestly, you’re going to be doing a lot of running around and climbing stairs, so wearing heels or uncomfortable shoes would really hold you back. I’d also recommend dressing in layers because it gets HOT in there. Remember, this isn’t a fashion show – everyone has the same mask on, so who gives a crap what you’re wearing.
- When you check your coat/purse/bags at the door, be sure to also check your inhibitions. Fortune favors the bold at Sleep No More. As soon as you put that Venetian mask on, you’re given a cloak of anonymity to go where you want and do what you please without anyone knowing who the hell you are. Be bold but don’t be a dick.
- Don’t mess with the actors. That just isn’t cool.
- If you see something interesting happening, stick with it. Follow actors. We made the mistake of not following anyone the first time and missed pretty much everything.
- Lose your friends. The first two times we saw the show, Dan and I stuck together. We decided that we wanted to see the same things so we made sure we were always in the same general area. But the third time I saw it, my friend and I split up giving me complete control of the space. I saw things I hadn’t yet seen and it was a totally different experience.